Indie studio SPECTRUM48 today announce that minimalist circular puzzle-platformer ‘OCO’ will launch on Steam for Windows PC and Mac on 12th August 2021. OCO originally launched on mobile platforms in 2019 and won critical acclaim as well as multiple award nominations.
Adwards like Google Play’s Indie Game Showcase 2019, Develop’s Big Indie Pitch, and Pocket Gamer’s People’s Choice Award 2020 as well as being ‘Game of the Day’ on App Stores all over the world.
In OCO, we will find intelligent and intuitive puzzles set in a circular minimalist world where a responsive procedural soundtrack changes depending on how we play the game. The 180 hand-crafted levels are beautifully designed and are eminently pick up and playable. We will need patience, perception, and precision to fully master the game.
The game features a simple yet powerful level editor as well as a bustling Discord channel where we are submitting new levels constantly. With 75,000+ user-generated levels to try, there is a tonne of content for puzzle fans like us. There are also weekly OLYMPUS contests where the best players worldwide compete to top leaderboards in ‘Speedrun’ and ‘Endurance’ – fighting to become THE ‘God of Olympus’.
Philip Sinclair lead game designer at SPECTRUM48 commented;
“In OCO we wanted to create a minimalist experience which is extremely playable but also cerebral and challenging,”
- Precision platforming – Simple one-button controls combined with complex challenging puzzles make for a cerebral yet inherently pick-up and playable experience.
- 75,000 user-generated levels – OCO’s community are active and busy!
- 180 hand-crafted levels – Complete SPECTRUM48’s gameplay arc to become a master OCO player.
- Built-in level editor – Create levels and challenge friends to complete them.
- Procedurally-generated soundtrack – Audio and atmospherics change with every single level depending on how we play the game.
- Established Online Community – There’s already a thriving community around OCO with a Discord channel, online leaderboards, cross-platform cloud save and cross-platform multiplayer available.
- Olympus Mode – become the ‘God of Olympus’ and gain the power to curate the game in weekly challenges.