Emerging publisher Yooreka Studio, known for releasing Streets of Rage 4 in China, revealed during IGN’s. Awesome Indies show at Gamescom an all-new look at the spectacularly stylish action platforming in Loopmancer in an all-new gameplay trailer.
Developer eBrain Studio also revealed Loopmancer, which will be available in Q4 2021, will support Nvidia RTX ensuring an insane visual experience.
Set in a Cyberpunk world, Loopmancer combines 3D action platformer gameplay with exploration and puzzle-solving elements as we investigate the disappearance of a famous journalist. With multiple twists and turns, we must navigate the metroidvania city to crack the case. There are challenging battles, richly scripted events, real-time cutscenes,
riddles and an abundant selection of new weapons, items and fragmented documents for us to explore and collect. These contents will be carefully presented to us based
on elaborate design, balanced pacing and seamless connections between each level.
- Seven massive and beautiful levels have been designed, each with its own distinct visual and conflicting themes
- Loopmancer is a 3D platform, Roguelite action game developed using Unreal Engine 4.
- We can walking, running, sprinting, jumping and squatting, climb, bounce from wall to wall, slide down walls and reach high places with the a grappling hooks
- Battle is the most central theme in Loopmancer.
- Over 30 kinds of melee weapons, each major category has its own unique moves.
- Over 30 highly detailed gun weapons – bringing an unique shooting experience.
- Over 30 tech items.
- Skill chips can unleash a variety of unique skills.
- Over 30 enemies and each having a distinctive behaviour.
- Interact with the scenes to defeat the enemies.
- Seven intensive boss battles
- can change the clothes of the character in his own apartment
- A nearly one hour long real-time cutscenes animation
Story of Loopmancer
The game’s story is set in the year 2046 and in a fictional, oriental futuristic city inspired by Hong Kong. Connections between the human brain and computers, and bionic prosthetics and nano-biotechnology have become common and popular. The society is highly developed, but the gap between the rich and poor has also significantly increased. We will take on the role of a detective who has come from a broken family. The detective was killed during a mission while investigating the disappearance of a famous female journalist. Immediately after his death, the detective wakes up on his bed in his own apartment. Was it all just a dream? He still has vivid memories of the mission and the death. Before he could think about it more, the phone rings and a colleague of his introduces a new case to him, he should investigate the disappearance of a famous female journalist.
Loopmancer is still under development and some features will be changed through the development process. So the final product may vary from what we see.