One-man developer studio Greenboy Games, specialized in developing Game Boy games since 2018, has released the new trailer for ‘The Shapeshifter 2’ and will be launching its Kickstarter campaign on October 1.
The Shapeshifter 2, is the first and only Game Boy game that requires 2 cartridges to play, and not due to lack of space! The game will contain never-before-seen innovative gameplay mechanics that will be revealed soon.
About The Shapeshifter 2
‘The Shapeshifter 2’ is an Old-School Adventure game, and this time the adventure takes place in the elven world. The main actor has the power to become the animal that he touches to save the elven world from the wizard’s spell: Fly, swim, croak, cackle, bray, roar, growl, meow, among other curious skills. The game will be fully compatible with all Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance handhelds. This includes the Analogue portable system and other Game Boy compatible devices.
Aside from everything unfolding according to our personal choices, it is the first and only GameBoy game that requires 2 cartridges to play! We will have to switch the cartridges during the game and insert ‘Adventure Codes’ in order to continue our adventure.
With 4 environments and 8 different chapters, we can go back to previous points in order to get items or information that allow us to advance. However, in some moments of the game, we will have to return to the chapters of ‘The Shapeshifter 1’ to continue the adventure.
All physical versions of the game ‘The Shapeshifter 2’ come with the following items:
- 2 Cartridge (Cartridge shells with ‘Greenboy’ brand)
- 2 Cartridge labels with the new ‘triple black stripe’ style
- 2 Cartridge protection box
- 1 double-width Cardboard box with raised letters (New Greenboy game box design)
- 1 double-width High-grade packaging protection case (double size)
- 2 Inlay
- 1 Instruction booklet
- 1 Code wheel
- 1 Pocket guide
- 2 Stickers
- 1 Collectible coin
- Sealed Box
- 1 Warranty holographic Greenboy sticker
- 1 High protection shipping box + a lot of bubble wrap to protect the package
- New Game Boy game in cartridge format
- Lead Elliot in a fantasy adventure in which you can turn into the animals you touch and save the elven world from the wizard’s spell.
- More than 4 hours of gameplay.
- Animated pixel-art graphics.
- Music composed by Cesc Mozota and Oscar Latorre
- Game Boy version compatible with all Game Boy, Game Boy Color and GameBoy Advance handhelds.
To don’t miss any latest news about The Shapeshifter 2 follow the creators on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Discord, TickTok, YouTube, Twitch, Kickstarter and the official website or subscribe Our Planet of Entertainment.
For more information about this game visit our latest post.