Independent game development studio Blue Goo Games informs that their Kickstarter campaign to fund Space Chef for Steam (PC, Mac & Linux), Nintendo Switch, Playstation and Xbox is already launched.
Inspired by games like Stardew Valley, Don’t starve, Overcooked and Space Quest, Space Chef is a 2D open world action adventure, with lots of cooking, farming and crafting. Imagine Stardew Valley in space, but with a shotgun and a cookbook.
Play in an open-world with gun-blasting action, fun cooking, and crazy crafting. Explore a vast universe that is different each playthrough. Best of all, bring a friend on your delicious adventures with couch co-op!
The core gameplay of Space Chef is focused around hunting and gathering ingredients by visiting planets, cooking and preparing food, and delivering it to hungry customers across the galaxy.
- Explore the galaxy: Discover planets, abandoned space stations and visit strange settlements.
- Farm mysterious plants: Find unusual seeds on distant planets and nurture them in our farm until they’re ready to be harvested.
- Craft machines and gadgets: Collect all sorts of useful junk floating around in space and put it together to build machines that will help us make food faster and our life easier.
- Mine ourself rich: Using our nifty drill and various dangerous devices, discover valuable resources needed to build that giant thruster grill we’ve always dreamed of.
- Prepare for space combat: Upgrade our ship to defend ourself against pirates and competing food delivery services.
- Craft awesome helper bots: Dirty kitchen? Get a SuckBot. Bleeding out? MedBot is on the way. Find rare electronic parts and build ourself a best friend in no time.
- Customize our home: Where we work is where we live, so make sure it is cozy. Collect decorations from around the galaxy and, if we’re really lucky, we’ll even find a talking plant to keep us up at night.
The Kickstarter campaign will last for 24 days and will help the developer fund the costs of production for Space Chef.