Independent game developers Art Games Studio and A2 Softworks have launched their Kickstarter campaign to fund and produce Climber: Sky is the Limit for Steam.
Climber: Sky is the Limit is a game with a mixture of survival and simulation. Climber takes place on the highest and dangerous mountains on earth. To succeed we need to carefully plan the journey with appropriate equipment, choose a mountain, face extreme weather conditions and survive for the final summit push.
Each expedition in Climber: Sky is the Limit is different, and the journey to the top is a great challenge. Conquer our fear, face our limits and reach the summit. In order to do that: traverse dangerous trails using specialized equipment such as ice axes, lifelines, or carabiners.
Back in August, Climber: Sky is the Limit was nominated for different prizes at the Gamescom event. It also has a free playable demo currently available on Steam to let you experience that unique mixture of survival and simulation.
With 14 days to go and 6% of their objective already pledged with the support of 24 backers, the Kickstarter campaign will help the developer fund the costs of production for Climber: Sky is the Limit.
- Scale some of the world’s most famous peaks like Everest, K2, Broad Peak, and others.
- Face a variety of environmental challenges from chasms, vertical walls, steep traverses, icy slopes, treacherous crevasses, and more.
- Use specialized equipment to traverse dangerous trails and slopes like ice axes, carabiners, and lifelines.
- Contend with and plan around harsh weather conditions like blizzards, extreme wind, and plummeting temperatures.
- Keep up your health and strength by balancing stamina, morale, temperature, and hunger.
- Plan every point of your journey, packing only the necessities, choosing your path (will you take the safer route or the risky one?), preparing for each day’s trek and weather conditions.
- Vie for contracts from sponsors for a chance to buy extra equipment and fund future excursions, but be advised they may include incredible challenges.
- An immersive experience that has been created to be as realistic as possible through consulting expert mountaineers