Nacon and Big Ant Studios announced that Cricket 22: The Official Game of The Ashes will be released in November. Cricket 22 is a next generation project that builds on the success of Cricket 19 and offers an even more diverse cricket simulation.
Cricket 22 not only includes the traditional Ashes tournament, but has also been given numerous additional licenses and has been greatly expanded. Cricket fans will experience the Australian Big Bash T20, the innovative The Hundred in England and the tropical CPL of the Caribbean and compete internationally with fully licensed teams from Australia, England, the West Indies, New Zealand and Ireland.
Big Ant’s commitment to equality and equal representation also ensures that both men’s and women’s games are included in Cricket 22.
Cricket 22 offers a number of innovations
- New bowling and fielding controls: Regardless of whether it is a quick bouncer or the full “snap” you hear when you push the ball from the infield to a precise run out: Cricket 22 brings an improved, more direct one Controls that help you play your best cricket.
- In-Depth Story Career Mode – Fans are in control on and off the field. Training and press conferences are conducted independently, while injuries have to be taken care of, which ultimately decides on the path to international fame.
- The most accessible cricket simulation to date – Cricket 22 makes it easier than ever to get started with a completely redesigned series of tutorials and a new user experience for beginners. Cricket 22 is the most comprehensive simulation of the sport that Big Ant has ever developed, and thanks to the new tutorials, even newbies will be beating and bowling like professionals in no time.
- New Commentators: Cricket 22 features a team of high profile commentators including Michael Atherton, Ian Healy, Mel Jones, Alison Mitchell and David Gower. Every shot is commented on with more depth and better analysis than ever before – and for the first time in a sports game there is an all-women commentator team, which further expands the representation of women in the Cricket 22 experience.
- The most beautiful cricket of all time – Cricket 22 takes full advantage of the possibilities of the new generation of hardware. Not only does the game load at lightning speed, so you can immerse yourself in the action faster than ever, it also includes a number of graphical updates, including real-time ray tracing elements, which help make this the most visually realistic cricket game to date.
Comments of different partners
Ross Symons, CEO of Big Ant Said: “This is our fifth cricket simulation, and it represents the sum of everything we’ve learned over the past decade and beyond. We have the most passionate fans and we can’t wait to put the new title in their hands. “
Russell James, ECB Director of Sales and Marketing on the partnership said further: “Cricket is a game for everyone, regardless of whether you accept the challenge , play an Ashes Test or compete against the world’s best female and male white ball cricketers in The Hundred, Cricket 22 is everything a cricket fanatic could ask for. “
Nick Hockley, CEO of Cricket Australia added: “The Ashes are one of the greatest rivalries in world sport and we can’t wait to bring the game of cricket to a new audience with Cricket 22. “
Cricket 22 will be released on November 25, 2021. The version of Cricket 22 for Nintendo Switch ™ will follow in January 2022.