Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios announced that Neverwinter’s 22nd expansion, Dragonbone Vale, is released on PC (Arc Games, Epic Games Store and Steam) and on February 8th on PlayStation and Xbox.
In this new addition to the free-to-play Dungeons & Dragons MMORPG, we will return to the Sword Coast to stop Valindra Shadowmantle and the dragon cult from turning all of Faerun’s dragons into undead monsters. In addition to a new campaign, this expansion brings a new adventure zone, a new throwing hook mechanic, a new test for ten players, which revolves around the great return of Valindra, new heroic encounters, an update for the refinement system and much more.
Furthermore Scaleblight Mythal, another content update, will soon be available, bringing the Dragonbone Vale story to its epic conclusion and inviting us to explore a huge new zone. Scaleblight Mythal will be released on February 8th on PC and on March 8th on consoles.
About Dragonbone Vale
In Dragonbone Vale, the evil Lichin Valindra Shadowmantle returns to the sword coast to hold the ritual of the dragon in the Sword Mountains alongside the dragon cult and to transform all dragons in Faerûn into undead monsters. To reach the Scaly Plague Heights and stop the dragon cult once and for all, we must fight our way through four new adventure zones in the Sword Mountains alongside the heroes of Neverwinter and other allies.
For the first time in Neverwinter’s history, we can use a throwing hook mechanic in certain areas of the Dragonbone Valley. This will speed up the exploration of these new areas. Right at the start of the campaign, we will receive our throwing hook and explore the new areas that offer story events and plenty of rewards. Anyone looking for a deadly challenge can compete against Valindra and the bronze-colored dragon Palhavorithyn in the new ten-player test, The Crown of Keldegonn, and contest new heroic encounters in order to loot valuable treasures. In addition, this expansion brings a revision of the refinement system with improved gaming comfort and new enchantments.
Dragonbone Vale updates for PC players
- New Adventure Zone & Campaign “Dragonbone Valley”- In this new adventure zone, players of Neverwinter will battle their way through the four distinct regions of the Sword Mountains from the camp of the four allied factions: the Whetstone Thicket, Stillwater, Wyrmcrack, and Scaleplague Rise.
- New Trial “Crown of Keldegonn” – In this new ten-player trial, we will battle Valindra and the Dragonlich Palhavorithyn above the dwarven ruins of Keldegonn. We can start unlocking the Trial starting January 18th.
- Epic Adventure “Scalesplaguemythal” – This adventure will bring the story of the new expansion to its epic conclusion when the Shield of the North attacks the Dragon Cult ritual site in the Sword Mountains to stop Valindra and the cult from performing the Dragonlich ritual and all dragons turn into undead monsters. We will have access to this new content starting February 8th on PC and March 8th on consoles.
- Revision of enchantments and the refinement system – This update increases the comfort of playing in the refinement system and introduces new enchantments.
Features of the Adventure Zone
- New Throwing Hook Mechanic – In a first for Neverwinter, we can now use a throwing hook to travel to specific points in the Dragonbone Valley Adventure Zone. This makes it possible for us to explore a zone vertically and to cross it faster. At this time, this new mechanic is only available in Dragonbone Valley.
- New Faction Renown System – As we complete faction-specific quests such as completing heroic encounters, securing supply routes, or collecting Dragonsight Treasures, they will increase our standing with each of the four factions to unlock rewards and features such as faction-owned cosmetic items, Companion gear and much more.
Neverwinter is a free-to-play action MMORPG with dynamic battles and epic dungeons. We explore the sprawling city of Neverwinter and the surrounding countryside, learning the vivid history of this famous metropolis from the Forgotten Realms while defending it from countless enemies. Neverwinter is currently available for free on PC, digitally on Xbox One with a Gold Membership * from the Xbox Games Store, and on PlayStation 4 (PlayStation Plus not required).
*Xbox Live Gold membership (sold separately) required on Xbox.
To don’t miss any latest news about Neverwinter follow the creators on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, YouTube and the official website or subscribe Our Planet of Entertainment. For more information about this game visit our latest post.