Indie development studio Stickerb Games informs that their Kickstarter campaign to fund the development and production of Wekufu for Steam, Xbox One, Series X and S has been live for a week now.
Wekufu is a dark, hand drawn 2D hack and slash platformer about vengeance. Outcast for being unique, over something that can’t be changed, embrace and protect: our identity.
Play as Sakinko, a young warrior set on a quest to avenge her father’s death and protect her people from the evil spirits that now menace her land, these evil spirits take the name of Wekufu.
- Developed by only one individual that hasn’t seen the light of day in quite a while.
- Frame by frame 2D animation, no exception, hundreds of frames and, of course, wrist pain.
- Beautiful hand painted environments.
- Challenging combat focused gameplay.
- Three different skills to enhance our fighting skills and combos.
- Get stronger by fighting bosses, finding secrets and receiving blessings.
- Build our character with focuses on Health, Newen, Critical Chance or mix them to find our perfect build.
- Pseudo Metroidvania experience, explore zones limited by our current skills but also experience “arena” fights and platforming sections full of traps.
- Learn about the Mapuche and help them to spread the word on this fierce culture that has been protecting nature for centuries.
- Music composed by Santiago Jara, using actual Mapuche Instruments and inspiration.
- Feel nature and explore it, no pressures.
With 20 days to end and 9% of their objective already pledged with the support of 24 backers, the Kickstarter campaign will help the developer fund the costs of production for Wekufu.