Terra Invicta, the grand strategy alien invasion game developed by the team behind XCOM and XCOM 2’s Long War mods Pavonis Interactive, is delayed until Q2 2022. The game is ranked among the top 50 most wishlisted upcoming games on Steam.
Terra Invicta is currently approaching completion, but the decision was made to postpone the title’s launch from the original late 2021 release to ensure full time for late-game balancing and AI enhancement.
John Lumpkin, creative director of Terra Invicta said: “Developing Terra Invicta over the past 4 years has been an amazing journey. All main features are in place and the game is being polished ahead of launch, but we decided a delay was important to ensure the release fully lives up to player expectations.”
said Tim Bender, CEO of Terra Invicta’s publisher Hooded Horse added: “The development team has a firm commitment to ensuring the game’s quality is not in any way sacrificed or rushed, and we are glad to support them in this.”
About Terra Invicta
An extraterrestrial probe is detected approaching Earth. Unknown to humanity, an alien force has arrived in the far reaches of the icy Kuiper Belt and has begun mining a dwarf planet to prepare for an invasion. With Earth’s nations unable to unite to address the alien arrival, transnational groups of like-minded political, military and scientific leaders develop covert channels to coordinate a response. With the aliens’ motives uncertain, factions emerge, driven by hope, fear or greed.
We will control one of these factions
- The Resistance works to form an alliance of nations to mount a coordinated defense
- Humanity First vows to exterminate the aliens alongside any who sympathize with them
- The Servants worship the aliens and believe they will solve all the troubles of the world
- The Protectorate advocates negotiated surrender as the only means to avoid annihilation
- The Academy hopes the alien arrival heralds the opportunity to form an interstellar alliance
- The Initiative seeks to profit from the chaos and destruction
- Project Exodus plans to build a massive starship and flee the Solar System