Indie game developer NAISU has announced that Mokoko X, the nostalgic arcade game, will be coming to Steam April 7, 2022.
Mokoko X is inspired by the arcade games like Volfied, Qix and Gals Panic. A popular gaming style in the late 1980’s. The game looks to resurrect the soul of the arcade genre while adding a modern touch.
About Mokoko X
In Mokoko X, there are 32 levels, but 24 of them have unique bosses and minions. The other 8 levels will be mega-levels in which we will fight with 3 bosses from the previous levels at the same time. The main goal is assisting the girls that need help from the weird bosses and sometimes helping out with the insects in the girls rooms.
- 8 girls to help
- 32 levels with 24 unique bosses with their minions
- 24 absurd stories that will reveal details about the bosses and the girls
- Fully animated, Japanese, and English voiceovers for all the characters!
- Lovely graphics!
- Traps, towers, crates, and bonus effects
- Arcade Mode
- Live high scores displayed for hardcore players
- Nostalgia remastered!
We can play the demo for Mokoko X, the nostalgic arcade game, on the Steam’s next festival at February 21, 2022. Mokoko X is an enhanced version of the original Mokoko on Steam, which raised about $2K on Kickstarter last year. Additionally, Mokoko X will be released on Switch and Xbox One shortly after the Steam release.
Mokoko X will be released on Switch and Xbox One after the release of Steam.