Developed by Primal Game Studio and published by Marvelous Europe, Mandragora is a challenging, but rewarding Metroidvania-inspired adventure coming to PC, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S and Nintendo Switch.
Istvan Zsuffa, Creative Director at Primal Game Studio said “Mandragora is a genre-blending mix of everything we love about our favourite games, which made it a challenge to find the right publisher who understands our vision for a title that doesn’t fit into just one box.”
Mandragora is a story-driven, side-scroller action RPG set in a universe of gorgeous paint strokes and inevitable tragedy. In Mandragora, mankind has surrendered the world to the monsters. People hide away behind walls of brick and palisades of ignorance, constructed by their leaders. Joy and delight are coveted jewels, out of reach of the masses. This is not the world we were promised. Travel by night and take it back. Journey through a world in decline, slowly falling prey to the damaging effects of Entropy. Fight against vicious enemies, challenge unique, deadly bosses, meet new allies, enemies, and every shade in-between, and make harsh moral choices. There are many paths worth taking.
Marc Melton, Managing Director at Marvelous Europe added. “Mandragora is a fantastic project, with huge potential, marking a new step in how we work with development studios and we’re excited to have found such great partners.”
- Explore a universe of gorgeous paint strokes – Immerse ourselves in a rich, dark, painterly 2.5D world as the epic and twisted music composed by Christos Antoniou brings this atmospheric world to life.
- Delve into a story-driven dark fantasy adventure – Leave the sanctuary of the Crimson City and travel through a vast, interconnected world that will take us from dark forests to deadly swamps, burning deserts and more.
- Enter the dark realm of Entropy – Acquire the legendary Witch Lantern and enter the dark realm of Entropy through tears in the fabric of reality.
- Encounter horrific monsters and terrifying creatures – Add fallen foes to our bestiary as we battle distinctive enemies and unique, deadly bosses to discover what really lurks in the shadows.
- Upgrade our toolset – Find artisans to join our growing caravan to unlock new upgrades. Grow herbs to brew beneficial potions and craft powerful weapons, armour and trinkets to help us along the way.
- Play our way – Master the punishing side-scrolling action as one of multiple unique classes and customize our character’s active skills through a deep and rewarding character development system. Complete the game and start a new on countless NG+ difficulty levels.