Larian Studios announced the seventh major patch – Absolute Frenzy – for Baldur’s Gate 3 Early Access. In addition to the new Barbarian class, the new update also brings the soon to be world-famous sport “Goblin Long Throw” (AKA the “Improvised Weapons” feature) to the game, along with many other improvements, changes and additions.
Patch 7 offers us a new type of adventure in Faerun thanks to the introduction of the Fog of War feature, which shrouds unexplored spaces, as well as adjustments to Darkvision and Light/Dark Detection, allowing for more effective stealth gameplay. Patch 7: Absolute Frenzy will be available to all Baldur’s Gate 3 fans. A replay of Panel from Hell: 5th Edition is available as a VOD on YouTube or Twitch.
Highlights of the new patch
The new class: The Barbarian
Unyielding in the heat of battle, empowered by nature’s fury, and equipped with more Chaos Energy than a thousand reality TV stars combined, the Barbarian is the newest class in Baldur’s Gate 3.
Barbarians have two subclasses
- Wildheart – Barbarians can choose a “Bestial Heart” to inspire, protect and guide them, granting them various combat abilities and facial piercings that vary depending on the choice.
- Berserker – Barbarians of the Berserker subclass draw on a reservoir of pure rage, driving them into a state of frenzy, granting them two new bonus actions. The Enraged Throw deals extra damage to enemies and puts them in the Prone state, and the Frenzied Strike allows the Berserker to attack a second time with a bonus action, such as an Improvised Weapon.
From now on, almost anything has the potential to become a deadly weapon that can be thrown at opponents. Improvised Weapons deal damage based on their own weight. Characters can lift objects with a weight three times their Strength value. This means that it’s theoretically possible to use a Mindflayer as a missile if the Strength value is high enough – although the Mindflayer certainly won’t find it all that exciting.
Patch 7 introduces ready-to-throw daggers, javelins, handaxes, and spears to give more options for attacking from afar, making combat more dynamic.
Total UI overhaul
With the new patch comes a complete overhaul of the Baldur’s Gate 3 HUD UI, making it sleeker, more modernized and easier to use.
Stealth & Exploration
Improvements to exploration in Baldur’s Gate 3 is one of the cornerstones of Patch 7: Absolute Frenzy. The new patch allows the surprises of exploration to stay that way until they happen. Some adjustments have been made for this.
- Light & Dark – The perception of light and dark areas has been reworked, making it less likely to miss a hit in daylight, for example, and making it easier to hide from NPCs when we are in the dark.
- Darkvision – The display of Darkvision has been adjusted so that characters using this skill no longer find a brightly lit room, but instead have a cylindrical field of vision (cone of vision effect) in the dark.
- Room Portals – Uncharted rooms now come with dark barriers that prevent objects and characters in the rooms from being previewed.
New magic loot
A variety of new magic loot will be found within Faerun, including helms, gauntlets, to Lightning-charged Tridents, all promising their wielders a major stat boost, buff, or additional perk.
A total of around 700 cutscenes were revised: visual upgrades, character adjustments, animation additions and revisions, and pacing improvements.
Community Feedback, Early Access & Version 1.0
A full overview of all changes will be included in the approximately 12-page patch notes, which will go live at the same time as the patch is released. Many of the changes result from direct feedback from the Baldur’s Gate 3 community. The Early Access model continues to be an essential part of Larian’s development process, allowing Baldur’s Gate 3 to be incrementally improved based on community feedback to create the best game possible. Larian’s internal goal is less a date than a certain quality level. Over the past year in Early Access, Baldur’s Gate 3 has continued to move towards that level, and Larian knows that many of us are waiting for a concrete date. This date will be announced once development is even closer to the desired quality level. As of this writing, Larian Studios expects Baldur’s Gate 3 to exit Early Access and officially release in 2023.
To don’t miss any latest news about Baldur’s Gate 3 follow the creators on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Discord, YouTube and the official website or subscribe Our Planet of Entertainment. For more information about this game visit our latest post.