the out-there Indie game developer, is releasing its pulse-pounding, high-score shoot’em up Game Type DX on September 8th to Nintendo Switch, PS4/PS5, and Xbox One/X . Pre-orders are open now.
Game Type DX is a score-attack shoot-em up with a speed-boosting twist. Help Hoodie Girl fight the evil MediaBall’s inane advertisements! Each time we beat a level, the speed and difficulty increases! Originally released as a protest against Microsoft’s terrible dashboard update in 2011 on Xbox 360, and now, remastered and enhanced for modern consoles. Cruise down a fascinating hall of gaming history, while blasting some unusual baddies.
All-New DX Content
Now, over a decade later, Mommy’s Best Games releases Game Type DX replete with enhancements including new levels, enemies, and power-ups.
There are several new game modes included. One of the most intriguing game modes is aptly named “Surprise!”. In it we are treated to a random assortment of level segments with all new challenges to surmount. Our particular level arrangement then increases in speed each time we completes it in a single run. We receives help with the addition of several types of power-ups including those for shooting power, score, and damage. There are even wacky power-downs we must avoid, or possibly take as we discover the patterns of the game. There are nearly 40 level segments with multiple new enemy types for us to discover in the all-new “Surprise!” mode.
Key Features for Game Type DX in 4K
- Loop-tastic speed insanity! Every time you beat a level, the game speed increases!
- Time Pulse gameplay — Slow down time and turn enemy bullets into score drops!
- 2-Player local co-op for extra firepower, and extra Parkour!
- 3 Game modes: “Standard”, “Parkour Remix”, and “Surprise!”
- “Surprise!” game mode features new level layouts every time you play.
- Online Leaderboard! Show up often. Show Off your play skills!
- The new DX version of the game has lots of powerups and even POWER DOWNS!
- DX version also features loads of corny video game jokes to discover in the fake dashboard section.
Pre-Order Now on Xbox One, Soon for Switch
Release Date for Game Type DX
On September 8th, Game Type DX will be available in the Americas and Europe on Playstation 5 and Playstation 4, and Nintendo Switch. The Xbox One version will support a worldwide release.
Tumultuous Gaming History
Game Type was originally released for the Xbox 360. Back then, the menu system called the “Dashboard” would be updated every few months. This system controlled how games were purchased on the Xbox 360. One particularly bad update left indie games almost impossible to find.
Mommy’s Best Games created Game Type as a protest against the dashboard update and a way to bring attention to the issue. Game Type ended up helping, and a new dashboard update was quickly released. The release changed the menu layout for the better, making indie games reasonable to discover again.